Here are 11 speaker tips from frequent TED coach Gina Barnett (excerpted from TED blog):
- Start drinking water 15 minutes before you start talking.
- Psych yourself up, not out.
- Use your body’s nervous energy for good.
- Focus on your breath when you feel the adrenaline.
- Beware of repetitive motion.
- Think about how to use movement wisely.
- Use your tone to strengthen your words.
- Give people a chance to adjust to your accent.
- Focus on something outside of yourself.
- Remember that the audience likes you.
- And finally, no matter how well you prepare — be okay with the unexpected.
Read the entire article here.